2. If you have ducks at the lake, buy a cheap loaf of bread to feed them. We have done this for years.
3. Sunday is a good day for us. Instead of sleeping after church, we can have some special time together. The next date will be in a town 15 minutes from us. It has a great state park. We can swing by Sonic and get a blue ocean slush with nerds(Yummy) and head to the park. (We are going to check out the cabins they rent for a future mini vacation).
4. Walking your dogs by moonlight. This is so much fun and very romantic( if the dogs stay calm).
5. We have alot of deer on our property. I love to sit with my hubby in the swing and use a flashlight to count them (by their shiny eyes). We counted 12 the other night.
6. Bonfires are a great way to get outside and burn some of that wood you have had forever. You can also roast hotdogs or marshmallows. If you don't have wood, this is a good time burn trash that needs to go.
7. Put on some oldies music and reminiscence about meeting each other. You may get him to dance if the kids are already in bed.
8. Double date with friends you haven't seen in a while. This may take a little money but it is always fun to reconnect with old friends.
9. Prepare a meal together, or let him cook for you. My husband is a wonderful cook and it is a treat when he rattles the pots and pans.
10. Pull out your wedding pictures or old family photos and take a walk down memory lane. He will enjoy it more than you think.
11. Don't forget gift cards you got for Christmas and birthdays. We have a LongHorn Steakhouse card for $50. The nearest restaurant is an hour away so this will be a super date night treat.
It doesn't take a lot of money to make lasting memories with your husband. The important thing is to do something different. Turn off the TV and schedule time together at least once a month.
It's easy to have fun, inexpensive date nights.
Please share how you and your spouse do date night!